Tuesday 26 April 2011

Welcome To My Blog


I see you've wandered into my lair. Perhaps you arrived here via my work on Flixist, or my community blogs on Destructoid or Gamasutra. It might even be that you're a friend of mine, desperately trying to make sense of this strange fellow you've fallen in with. Mother never warned you it would end like this. I mean, begin. Obviously.

Well, here's the rub: my name is Xander Markham, I'm a 26-year old English writer with a borderline obsessive passion for films, videogames, television, incomprehensible words and indefensible puns. Although I've been writing as a critic for the better part of a decade and an aspiring spy fiction novelist since leaving university, this is the first honest-to-goodness project I've attempted entirely on my own. So what can you expect to find here? Much of what I've been doing elsewhere, meaning reviews, features and opinion pieces on all things screen-related, alongside more personal bits and pieces and some fun stuff just for the sake of it. There will be a bit of crossover with my work for Flixist - where you should go immediately after reading everything here - as I plan to post links and snippets to any reviews or features I write for them, alongside anything else worth being aware of.

So enjoy your stay and please visit again. By golly, together we can build a better world. Or just a really good blog. Whatever works.

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

FANTASTICALLY APPROPRIATE DOCTOR WHO QUOTE
Jamie: Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?
The Doctor: Yes, Jamie, I believe I have.
Jamie: What are you going to do?
The Doctor: Bung a rock at it.