Friday 26 August 2011

Word of the week #17


Yesterday marked the debut of a new feature, The Naked Truth, which got off to a great start courtesy of the very charming and talented ZoĆ« Saldana. The fact of the matter is that there's nothing quite like a beautiful woman posing in her underwear to attract the attention of the internet, which is something Miss Saldana clearly excels at, amidst her many other talents. 

I wasn't sure what this week's word was going to be until late last night, when I was perusing my lists of fantastic words (yes, I have them - but if you hadn't guessed that I'm that kind of person by now, you might want to give your geekdar a significant retuning) and came across the perfect one for describing the key to Miss Saldana's appeal. Sadly, it's not 'geekdar', which I think I just made up.

Your word of the week is...
 
Vesthibitionism 

Noun: The flirtatious act of a woman revealing her underwear. Pronounced as written, from the Greek vestimenta, meaning underclothes (one to remember), and exhibeo, meaning to show.

Example: Poor Mark was quite overwhelmed by Rihanna's display of vesthibitionism in her new video, leading to him getting accusing stares from his wife for the rest of the week.

PREVIOUS WORDS OF THE WEEK