Friday 20 May 2011

Word of the week #3


Last week, Blogger went into meltdown for Friday 13th, meaning that Word of the week had to be delayed so I could catch up on the other articles I hadn't been able to do. I can understand if you were annoyed by that: it's frustrating when you expect someone to perform, only for them not to offer everything they'd promised. Just as I wanted to voice my disapproval at Google for their infuriatingly timed crash, so too might you have wanted to express your displeasure to me. Had Google or I been on the stage, perhaps you'd have booed us off.

Handily enough, there's a word for that. Your word of the week is...
 
Exsibilation

Noun: The collective hisses of a disapproving audience, e.g. "The exsibilation rose to deafening levels as Daphne & Celeste announced plans to reform and duet with Bieber. Naked. At a Metallica concert. On Remembrance Day. Twice."

Good luck squeezing that one into everyday conversation!

OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY